How do I use virtual backgrounds?
Change your camera background with one provided in the GoTo app or using a custom one. You can select a virtual background before joining a session or after you've already joined.
- Select a relevant background for the session and audience you're engaging with
- Consider using a green screen
- Make sure you have good lighting to reduce shadows, such as positioning a lamp in front of you
- Avoid visually distracting or brightly colored backgrounds that take the focus away from you and what you have to say
Windows 10 or newer
macOS Catalina 10.15 or newer
|Processor||2.5 GHz 2+ core CPU (Intel Core I, Athlon, or Ryzen series)|
Integrated 2015 or newer
Discrete 2012 or newer
Before joining a meeting
- Start a meeting.
- From the Camera preview, select and then select the desired filter/background or upload a custom background using the Plus tile.
- Select Start my session or Join when you are ready.
After joining a meeting
- Join a meeting.
- From , select the desired filter/background or upload a custom background using the Plus tile.
- Select Share when you are ready.