How do I use virtual backgrounds?
Change your camera background with one provided in the GoTo app or using a custom one. You can select a virtual background before joining a session or after you've already joined.
Note: If you do not see the option to change your background option, please reach out to your account admin.
Before you begin: Consider some of these tips and best practices for an optimal experience:
- Select a relevant background for the session and audience you're engaging with
- Consider using a green screen
- Make sure you have good lighting to reduce shadows, such as positioning a lamp in front of you
- Avoid visually distracting or brightly colored backgrounds that take the focus away from you and what you have to say
Windows 10 or newer
macOS Catalina 10.15 or newer
|Processor||2.5 GHz 2+ core CPU (Intel Core I, Athlon, or Ryzen series)|
Integrated 2015 or newer
Discrete 2012 or newer
Note: You can upload and store up to 10 PNG, JPG, and JPEG files. There is no size limitation, but we recommend resizing the image to the aspect ratio of your camera. If you aren't sure what the aspect ratio is, upload an image with a minimum resolution of 1280x720 pixels (720p).
Before joining a meeting
If you are on the Camera preview screen, select and then select the desired background.
- Start a meeting.
- From the Camera preview, select and then select the desired filter/background or upload a custom background using the Plus tile.
- Select Start my session or Join when you are ready.
After joining a meeting
- Join a meeting.
- From , select the desired filter/background or upload a custom background using the Plus tile.
- Select Share when you are ready.