How do I uninstall GoTo?
To fully uninstall GoTo you'll need to uninstall both GoTo and the GoTo Opener (if installed).
Uninstall from Windows
- Uninstall the desktop app: The process for uninstalling a desktop application from a computer varies depending on the computer's operating system. See your operating system's user manual for more information.
- Uninstall the GoTo Opener app: Follow the same process for uninstall the GoTo Opener app as you did for uninstalling the desktop app.
Tip: Windows 10 example: Select .
Uninstall from Mac
- Open .
- Right-click GoTo then select Move to Trash.
- Select the Trash icon in the dock then Empty Trash.
Tip: If you cannot find the Trash icon, press Command+Shift+Delete to open the Trash folder then Empty Trash.
- Open Finder.
- Select Go in the top menu then hold down the Options key to reveal the Library folder.
- Select GoTo directory. then delete the
Remove the app from the Applications folder.
Empty the trash and remove the app from the directory.
Uninstall the GoTo Audio Device (Mac)
- Open the Terminal.
- Enter and run sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/GoToAudioDevice.driver.
- We recommend you restart your computer or run sudo launchctl kill SIGKILL system/com.apple.audio.coreaudiod.
- You've uninstalled the GoTo Audio Device! You will be prompted to install the audio driver again if you share your screen with media sound.