Why isn't the download working?
On occasion, a stuck process, application install issue, or driver conflict can prevent the GoTo Meeting software from launching properly. Read on below for some troubleshooting help!
- Run a system check. It's possible that your computer does not meet the minimum requirements required to join a meeting. Get a quick rundown of any issues now by running our automatic system checker now
- Check your internet connection and run the GoTo Meeting Connection Wizard. – The wizard tests and determines the ideal connection settings that GoTo Meeting can make within your network. After running the wizard, store your optimal connection settings on your Windows computer and use those settings in the future to connect to meetings.
- Check your firewall settings. Many people use personal firewall software like McAfee, Norton, or Windows Firewall to block unwanted viruses. Since these programs work by blocking unknown applications from being downloaded onto your computer, it's possible your firewall software is blocking GoTo Meeting. Learn more.
- Ensure you can use the desktop software. The GoTo Meeting Free plan does not include access to the desktop app, so these organizers and their attendees must use their web browser or mobile apps.
- Update your audio and video drivers (Windows only). If you experience a long delay before joining into a session, please ensure your audio and video drivers are up to date. Then try re-joining the session. Check your computer manufacturer's site for help on how to update drivers.
- End any GoTo Meeting processes running in the background (Windows only). If the download started but then froze, try force-quitting any GoTo Meeting processes running in the background that might be slowing the download.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- For all entries that begins with the letters "g2m", right-click it and select End Process.
- Try re-joining the session.
- Uninstall and reinstall GoTo Meeting. If you've joined or hosted a session before, it's possible that the currently installed desktop app is causing conflict. Go through the steps to uninstall GoTo Meeting, then try installing fresh!
- Install via MSI. You might have better luck installing via MSI rather than going through the automatic download. Even though MSI downloads are typically used only by IT admins, it can also be used to install the software on your own computer. See Install via MSI (Windows).
- Reboot your computer. If all else fails, try the old standby – shut down and reboot your computer, then try joining again!