How do I automatically install updates?
We're constantly working to improve our products, and that means that we frequently release new versions of the GoTo Meeting desktop app. Each new version contains improvements, bug fixes and often new features, but in order to take advantage of all of these benefits, your desktop app must be updated. Luckily, your desktop app takes care of updates on its own – you don't have to do a thing!
See What's New to learn more about the features and fixes that are included in each new version.
How does it work?
- When automatic updates are enabled (recommended), your desktop app will proactively download new versions of GoTo Meeting before you actually need to use them (and it will politely wait until you are not in session to do so!). It will then install them silently as "inactive" on your computer. Once it's time for you to start or join a session using the new version, you will be able to do so without any delay because the silently installed version is ready and waiting to be activated! In addition, the Automatic Updater tool will do a little housekeeping by removing any outdated versions that are still installed on your computer.
- When automatic updates are disabled, your desktop app will not download new versions of GoTo Meeting ahead of time. Instead, when it's time for you to next start or join a session you will experience a brief delay while the new version of the desktop app is installed. In addition, no outdated versions will be removed from your computer.
We highly recommend that you leave the "Automatically install updates" check box enabled, as this will ensure that you start and join your sessions as quickly as possible.
Enable or disable automatic updates
Access the desktop app menu as follows:
- If it is not currently running, locate the application on your computer and open it.
- If it is already running, right-click the daisy icon in the system tray (Windows) or toolbar (Mac).
- Select Preferences, then go to the Start Up tab.
- The default setting is to silently install updates. If you wish to disable silent updates, deselect the "Automatically install updates" check box.