How do I set default audio options? (Classic)
Each time you schedule a meeting, it will automatically use the default audio settings configured on your account but you can change them for each specific session as needed.
Changing your settings will only impact the meetings that you schedule after that point. It will not affect previously scheduled sessions – you must change those manually if desired. See Available Audio Modes to learn more about which audio options you can provide to your attendees.
Change default audio options
Sign in to your account at https://global.gotomeeting.com.
- Click Settings in the top navigation.
- Select the desired audio options, as follows:
- Select Use built-in audio, then enable the check boxes of the methods that you would like to provide to customers: VoIP, long-distance (toll) numbers, toll-free numbers and/or Call Me (enhanced audio). If desired you can change the countries for which phone numbers are provided. Note that phone numbers and Call Me are not available on the GoTo Meeting Free plan.
- Select Use my own conference call service, then enter the conference-call information of your third-party audio service.
- Click Save when finished.
Change the countries for which phone numbers are provided
If you are providing long-distance (toll) or toll-free phone numbers for your customers, you can always choose which countries are included in the session information for each meeting.
- While changing your default audio options, check the "Long-distance numbers" and/or the "Toll-free numbers" boxes.
- Click the drop-down menu next to each option and select the desired countries. To select all available countries, click +Add all.
- Click Save when finished. Added countries will appear in the proper fields.
Choose a preferred phone number
If you are providing multiple countries in the list of long-distance (toll) or toll-free phone numbers shown to your customers, you can choose which country appears first in the list by designating it a "preferred country". If you have a preferred number, the phone number that's displayed to attendees first by default is the billing country you have associated with your account.
When selecting which countries are included, choose a preferred country by clicking the Start icon next to a country so that it turns blue. You can only select 1 preferred country.