How do I install GoTo Meeting on a Mac?
Installing the GoTo desktop app onto your computer allows you to get the most out of your meeting. When you start or join a session from the desktop app, the GoTo Meeting software download will begin automatically.
If you are on a Windows computer, see Steps for Installing on Windows.
About the installation package
Once the desktop app is installed, you can join and start meetings more quickly by avoiding the extended download process. When you install GoTo Meeting, you will download 2 parts of the software to your computer.
- GoTo Meeting desktop app – This is the main app that you use to join and start meetings.
- GoTo Opener – This is the "helper" application that launches you into active meetings.
Download the desktop app
- Make sure you are on a supported operating system by checking your system's compatibility automatically or viewing the system requirements.
- Select the Download button to get started.
- The GoTo Opener.dmg file will download onto your computer. Depending on your browser, click the file to download as follows. If you've downloaded this file before, some or all of the next steps will be skipped. In this case, you can go straight to joining or starting a meeting from the desktop app.
- Google Chrome – Select GoTo Opener.dmg in the lower download toolbar.
- Mozilla Firefox – Make sure "Open with" is selected and select OK.
- Apple Safari – Select the Download icon in the upper toolbar and double-click GoTo Opener.dmg in the drop-down list.
- To complete the GoTo Opener.dmg file download, double-click the GoTo Opener app in the window and then Open. Select the "Don't warn me when opening applications on this disk image" check box to avoid being prompted with the dialog again.
- The GoTo Opener will automatically launch and open the GoTo desktop app, which means you've successfully installed the desktop app!
- To join someone else's meeting, enter the session ID or room name then select the Arrow key.
- To log in to your organizer account and manage your meetings, select Sign in.
Join or start your first meeting from the desktop app
Once you have installed GoTo Meeting and attempt to join or start your first meeting, you may be prompted with an additional dialog from the web browser requesting permission to open GoTo Opener.
- Launch the GoTo desktop app.
- Join or start a meeting.
- To join someone else's meeting, enter the session ID or room name then select the Arrow icon.
- To start your own meeting as the organizer, select Start by your personal room name or any upcoming session.
- Depending on the web browser you're running, complete the permission prompt as follows.
- Google Chrome – Select Open GoTo Opener. Select the "Remember my choice for GoToOpener links" check box to avoid being prompted by the dialog again.
- Mozilla Firefox – Select OK. Select the "Remember my choice for GoTo Opener links" check box to avoid being prompted by the dialog again.
- When prompted, select Open.
- You'll be launched into your meeting!