How do I uninstall GoToMeeting?
When you download the desktop app onto your computer, the installation package includes the GoToMeeting desktop application and the GoTo Opener. We don't recommend uninstalling any of the components of the installation package if you frequently start or join meetings, because they enable you to get into session faster. However, if you need to uninstall GoToMeeting, there are a few options for doing so.
Uninstall from Windows manually (recommended)
- Uninstall the desktop app: The process for uninstalling a desktop application from a computer varies depending on the computer's operating system. See your operating system's user manual for more information.
- Uninstall the GoTo Opener app: Follow the same process for uninstall the GoTo Opener app as you did for uninstalling the desktop app. Note: Example (Windows 7): Go to . Right-click .
- Open Windows Explorer and enter this file path C:\Users\<windows username>\AppData\Local\ and delete the GoToMeeting directory.
Uninstall from Mac manually (recommended)
- Remove the desktop app from the Applications folder: Open
. Right-click or drag to the Trash icon.
- Empty trash: Right-click on the Trash icon in the menu bar and click Empty Trash or open the Trash and click Empty.
- Access your Library folder ( then hold the Options key and click Library). Click and delete the GoToMeeting directory.
Uninstall via MSI (advanced) (Windows)
- Before uninstalling user assigned GoToMeeting with a Group Policy, check that the "Start Manually" option is enabled from the GoToMeeting user preferences – and not "Start automatically after I log in to Windows" (which may result in an incomplete uninstallation).
- Go to GPO Properties.
- Select the Deployment tab and select the "Uninstall this application when it falls out of the scope of management" check box.
Uninstall the GoTo Opener application (Windows)
The process for uninstalling the desktop application from a computer varies depending on the computer's operating system. See your operating system's user manual for more information.
Example (Windows 7): Go to. Right-click GoTo Opener and select Uninstall > Yes.
Uninstall the GoTo Audio Device (Mac)
- Open the Terminal.
- Enter and run sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/GoToAudioDevice.driver.
- We recommend you restart your computer or run sudo launchctl kill SIGKILL system/com.apple.audio.coreaudiod.
- You've uninstalled the GoTo Audio Device! You will be prompted to install the audio driver again if you share your screen with media sound.