Feature Sets: Control how folks use join.me
In a BUSINESS account, Feature Sets define "who can do what, and how" in join.me.
Create a Feature Set
We start you out with a default Feature Set, but you can always create your own – as many as you'd like.
- On the join.me website, log in to your BUSINESS account and click Users.
Result: The Admin console is displayed.
- In the Admin console on the Admin settings tab, click New Feature Set.
- Define features and settings as described at the bottom of this article under About the settings.
- Save your changes.
Assign a Feature Set
After creating Feature Sets, you must assign them to users.
- When you have only one Feature Set, all users are assigned to the Default Feature Set.
- When you have multiple Feature Sets, you can choose which set to apply during the process of creating new users (individually or bulk): Add users.
Change the Feature Set assigned to users
- On the Users page, select any number of users.
Result: The Change Feature Set option is shown in the top menu.
- Click Change Feature Set.
Result: The Change Feature Set dialog box is displayed.
- Choose a new Feature Set and click Change Feature Set.
Users must log out of join.me for the new Feature Set to be applied.
About the settings
Define which features your users can access as meeting host.
- remote control
- Allow users to share control of their screen with participants.
- file transfer
- Allow users to send files to participants via join.me.
- Allow users to use the join.me chat feature.
- presenter swap
- Users will be able to allow meeting participants to take over the presenter role (present their own screen).
- Allow users to record their meetings using the join.me record feature.
- Allow users to use video in their meetings.
- user can override personal link
- Allow users to set their own personal link using the personal link option at join.me.
Define how users and their participants connect to the audio portion of join.me meetings.
- use join.me conference line
To force your users to use the
join.me conference line, select
use join.me conference line and define the following:
- Conference mode
- others can use video. Any participant can turn on their video feed, provided they meet video system requirements.
- others can only talk. Video is not available, but participants can talk on the conference line.
- others are muted, only organizers can talk. Only the meeting host (your user) can talk.
- Start the call
- when the second caller joins. Allow participants to talk with each other before the organizer (your user) joins.
- when the organizer joins. Place participants on hold until your user join as organizer.
- user can override conference start mode. Allows your user to choose how to start the call (meeting settings tab).
- Hold music, sounds
- Hold music: Choose the music to be played while participants are on hold during meetings hosted by your users.
- play a sound when someone joins or leaves call. Choose whether or not to play a sound when participants join or leave calls hosted by your users.
- use my own conference line
To force your users to use your organization's own conference bridge or regular number with multiple lines, select
use my own conference line.
Note: For important information about using your own conference line, read this article: Use your own conference number.
- lock conference settings
- Prevent your users from changing your preferred settings.
- All users start with stock join.me personal backgrounds.
- Choose a personal background for all of your users.
- lock background setting
- Prevent your users from changing the personal background you have selected.