Learn how to do the most common functions on your phone.
Automatically forward incoming calls to an internal extension or external number.
- Press .
- Select User Preferences > Call Preferences.
- Enter the internal extension or external number to which calls will be forwarded.
- Turn On the desired forwarding type:
- Forward All: Forwards all incoming calls.
- No Answer: Forwards all unanswered incoming calls.
- Busy: Forwards calls that arrive when you're already in a call.
- If you selected No Answer, enter how many rings to wait before forwarding.
- Press the Set softkey (to disable call forwarding, turn Off the call forward mode). While your phone rings, press the Decline softkey to forward the incoming call to your voicemail.
Do Not Disturb (DND)
Stop your phone from ringing and send all incoming calls directly to voicemail.
- Press the DND softkey to enable.
- Press the clr DND softkey to disable.
Check your voicemail from your phone.
- Press .
- Dial your password (default 0000).
Download your Voicemail Menu Guide.
Assign regularly dialed numbers to additional line keys on your phone.
Speak with two parties simultaneously by creating a mini-conference call on your line.
- While on an active call, press the Conf softkey.
- Dial the internal extension or external number to add to the conference.
- Wait for the second party to answer, and then let them know that you would like to add them to a 3-way call.
- Press the Conf > Join softkeys.
Place a current call on hold and speak with the destination party before transferring the call.
- While on an active call, press .
- Dial the internal extension or external number.
- Speak with the destination party. To cancel a warm transfer, look for the Cancel or EndCall softkey. This will take you back to the original call, or allow you to resume.
- Press again.
Transfer a call to another party without speaking to them first.
- While on an active call, press the softkey.
- Select the blindxfer softkey, then dial the internal extension or external number. To transfer a call directly to voicemail, dial 0 + extension.
Place a call on hold while you take some time to look up an answer to a question or answer another call.
- Press .
- Press to retrieve the call.
Choose a new ringtone for your phone or assign a different ringtone to each of your lines.
- Press .
- Select User preferences > Audio Preferences > Ext(n)-Ringtone.
- Select the desired ringtone (press Play to sample ringtones).
- Press the Select > Set softkeys. This device does not support silent ringtones.
Visually monitor the speed dial contacts assigned to your phone to know whether or not they are on an active call. These line keys will light up (busy lamp field) indicating if someone is busy or available.
Call Handling Features
- Warm Transfer
- Blind Transfer
- Do Not Disturb (DND)
- Call Forward All
- Call Forward Busy
- Call Forward No Answer
- Intercom (* + ext)
- Multi-way Calling
- Anonymous Call Rejection
- Call Waiting
- On-hook Dialing
User Interface Features
- Adjustable Ringer Volume
- On Device Directory
- LDAP Directory
- Call Logs
- 4 SIP Accounts
- 4 Upper Multifunction Keys (supports line assignments)
- Voicemail Button
- Mute Button
- On Device Speed Dial Edit
- Black & White Display
- Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
- Caller ID (CID)
- Shared Line Appearance (SLA)
- Time/Date Display
- On-Screen Message Display
Network & Provisioning
- PC Connection
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Secure Provisioning
- Cisco Multicast (up to two group subscriptions supported)
- Web Interface Provisionable
- Wired Headset (utilizes AUX port and headset jack. EHS must be enabled)
From the Phone Menu
Learn how to provision your phone from the phone menu.
- Press .
- Select Device administration > Profile rule.
- Enter http://‹domain›.onjive.com/p/$MA for the Profile Rule. Replace ‹domain› with your unique domain (found in parentheses at the top of the admin portal dashboard).
- Press Resync.
From the Web UI
Learn how to provision your phone from the web UI.
- Press .
- Select Status > Network status > IPv4 and then write down the phone's IP Address.
- Open an incognito window in Google Chrome, enter the IP address in the address (URL) bar and then press enter on your keyboard. If the web UI doesn't load, enter https:// before the phone’s IP address.
- Click Admin Login > advanced.
- If you're prompted to enter a password, enter your Device Admin Password. To find your password, log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx and then click Security in the left sidebar.
- Go to Voice > Provisioning.
- Enter the following Configuration Profile settings:
Option Description Provision Enable Yes Profile Rule http://‹domain›.onjive.com/p/$MAReplace ‹domain› with your unique domain (found in parentheses at the top of the admin portal dashboard).
- Click Submit All Changes.
Reset Secure Provisioning
After you factory reset a phone, you’ll need to reset secure provisioning from the admin portal so it can reconnect.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Devices in the left sidebar and then choose the device that needs secure provisioning reset.
- From Hardware > Reset Secure Provisioning, click Reset.