Customer Chat Box
Once a customer joins your support session, the customer Chat box will automatically open on their screen. A status panel at the bottom of the box reminds the customer when they are sharing their screen.
Access session features and tools
The customer Chat box menu provides access to all of the session features available to the customer. The toolbar also provides buttons for quick access to many of the most common features (e.g., stop/start screen sharing, file transfer, remote diagnostics).
- Stop or pause screen sharing
Customers can click the Stop or Pause icons to stop sharing their screen with you at any time. If they stop sharing their screen (rather than pause it), you must request to see it again (i.e. the customer cannot restart screen sharing from their Chat box).
- Use annotation tools
Customers can also use annotation tools to draw on the shared screen (Screen Sharing > Pen, Highlighter, Laser Pointer or Arrow Stamper).
Chat with representatives
The customer Chat box allows the customer to communicate with you. All messages are included in the chat log, along with automatically generated status notes (i.e., representatives joining or leaving, file transfers). To send a message, customers can click within the text field at the bottom of the window, type their message, then click Send or press Enter on their keyboard.
In addition, customers who submit their query via SmartBox™ portal and are placed in the queue will receive status updates in the Chat box.
Save the chat log
Customers can save the chat history as a .txt file.
- Click .
- Select the destination and rename the file, if desired.
- Click Save when finished.
Collapse, minimize or collapse the Chat box
- Collapse Chat box - Customers can collapse the Chat box so that only the menu and toolbar are displayed (and the Chat log is hidden) by clicking the Collapse icon (or selecting ). They can expand the window by clicking the icon again.
- Minimize Chat box - Customers can minimize the Chat box to the taskbar (like any other application window) by clicking the Minimize button at the top of the window.
- Hide Chat box - Customers can hide the Chat box (without leaving the session) by clicking the Hide button at the top of the window. They can re-open the window by double-clicking the HelpAlert icon in the system tray.