How do I provision an analog adapter (ATA)?
Configure an analog adapter (ATA) to work with our system, generally for use with an analog fax machine or a paging system.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please visit our GoTo Admin support site for help.
Before you begin:
- Verify you have created a device profile.
- Verify you have assigned the ATA's MAC address to the device profile.
This is an advanced task. Please reach out to Customer Support for assistance as needed. The following instructions only apply to SPA adapters.
- Plug the Ethernet cord into the Internet port and the analog device into the Phone 1 port. Do not use the Phone 2 or Line ports.
- Plug in the power adapter.
- Obtain the IP address using one of the following options:
Option Steps Analog Phone
Note: If the IP Address is 0.0.0.0, then it is not properly connected to the network.
- Press **** on the analog phone.
- When you hear Configuration Menu, press 110#.
- Write down the IP Address the phone reads to you.
Mac Scanner Go to http://www.colasoft.com/mac_scanner/ to find the MAC address for your adapter. Ethernet Port — For router devices like the SPA 122 or 232DNote: You will need to enable remote management and Bridge Mode on these devices.
- Plug the Ethernet cord into the Ethernet port on your computer and on the adapter.
- Run ipconfig for windows cmd or ifconfig for mac terminal to find the Ethernet Default Gateway. Cisco SPA122 is defaulted to 192.168.15.1, others are defaulted to 192.168.0.1.
- Open an incognito window in Google Chrome, enter the IP address in the address (URL) bar and then press enter on your keyboard. If the web UI doesn't load, enter https:// before the adapter's IP address.
- Enter admin for the device username and password.
Note: If that password does not work, try voipInfo.
and then enter http://‹domain›.onjive.com/p/$MA for the Profile Rule.Note: Replace ‹domain› with your unique domain (found in parentheses at the top of the admin dashboard).
- Click Submit.
What to do next: If the adapter doesn't automatically reboot, power cycle the device to apply its provisioning settings.