How do I monitor a call?
Use your phone to listen to a call in progress on a specified line without call interruption or intervention unless it’s needed.
- You must use ACL monitoring permissions to listen to others who have monitoring permissions.
- You cannot monitor lines assigned to multiple physical phones (this does not apply to GoTo).
- Dial *17 from your desk phone, desktop app, or mobile app.
- Enter the extension you would like to monitor.
- If you dialed the star code from someone else’s phone that does not have monitoring permissions, enter your numerical dialable username given to you by a system admin.
- Enter your dialable password (default 0000). This is separate from your voicemail password and can be changed by dialing *19.
- During the call, dial any of the following options to switch between monitoring modes:
Setting Description  Spy Mode (default) Enter an existing conversation silently; neither the agent nor the caller is notified of your presence.  Whisper Mode Speak to the agent while remaining invisible (silent) to the caller.  Barge Mode Join an ongoing conversation between two parties, being heard by both.