How do I create a device profile for a fax adapter?
Create a user, line, and device at the same time and link the three together.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new admin experience. The article below is meant for admins who use https://my.jive.com/pbx to administer their account. If you're an admin who uses https://admin.goto.com, please visit our GoTo Admin support site for help.
- Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Users in the left sidebar and then select Add User.
- Enter the fax adapter's First Name, Last Name, and Email.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension Number; change this number as needed.
- Omit the user's extension from directories:
Option Description Omit from Directory Removes the line from all internal directories. Omit from Auto Attendant Extension Dialing Removes the line from auto attendant extension dialing.
- Add the fax adapter to the system:
Option Description Use Existing Links the device to previously created hardware profile. Create New Creates a new device and links it to the new fax adapter.
- MAC Address: PA 12 digit string which is typically found on the bottom of the device.
- Model: You can leave this field blank and it will automatically populate when you provision the device. It is therefore optional for all devices except some paging devices.
- Skip the preset device settings; they aren’t applicable for a fax adapter.
- Select Ok.
- Optional: To optimize the adapter for faxing, select the desired device, go to Hardware, and then toggle on Optimize for Fax.