Share Videos during the Webinar
Organizers can upload up to 20 MP4 videos or YouTube links to share during a webinar. Then during the session, the presenter can select and play those videos directly from the control panel.
Upload videos to a webinar (organizers only)
- Sign in to your account at https://dashboard.gotowebinar.com.
- Schedule a new webinar event or open an existing one.
- Open the "Engage Your Attendees" section and select + Videos.
- Drag and drop MP4 files or add YouTube links by selecting + YouTube link. You'll be prompted to add the link as well as the video title. Select Save once all videos are uploaded.
Troubleshooting: If you get an "Upload video failed" message, try renaming the video title and save.
Play videos during a webinar (presenter)
- In the Sharing pane, select the Show drop-down menu.
- Previously uploaded videos are listed along other screen sharing options. The presenter can choose the desired video under Uploaded Videos.
- The selected video will open in the Viewer window. From there, the presenter can play and pause the video playback using the Play and Pause icons.
Note: You cannot rewind or fast forward through the video.
View videos during a webinar (attendees)
- Only the presenter playing the video has access to the playback controls and has the ability to start, pause or stop the video feed for all attendees (i.e., they do not have the ability to stop and start the video at their own discretion).
- When a presenter shares a video, the video's audio feed will only be played through Computer audio (mic and speakers). This means that any attendees who have dialed into the audio conference using Phone audio will hear the video play through their computer or device's speakers rather than over the phone.
- If an attendee is not hearing the audio properly (whether they are connected via Computer or Phone audio), they should check the volume on their computer's speakers and/or check their device output. It's possible that the audio is playing through a different output (like a USB headset that is plugged in).
- Once the video is done playing, the Viewer will remain open with the last video frame shown until organizers close out of the Viewer. Previously shared webcams will be disabled and replaced with the video once sharing begins.