Share Videos during the Webinar
Organizers can upload up to 20 MP4 videos or YouTube links to share during a webinar. Then during the session, the presenter can select and play those videos directly from the control panel.
Note: Each video must be less than 4 GB.
Only MP4 files are captured in the recording. Linked YouTube videos will be cut from the final recording.
Upload videos to a webinar (organizers only)
- Sign in to your account at https://dashboard.gotowebinar.com.
- Schedule a new webinar event or open an existing one.
- Open the "Engage Your Attendees" section and select + Videos.
- Drag and drop MP4 files or add YouTube links by selecting + YouTube link. You'll be prompted to add the link as well as the video title. Select Save once all videos are uploaded.
Troubleshooting: If you get an "Upload video failed" message, try renaming the video title and save.
Results: Uploaded videos are displayed at the bottom where organizers can rename them by selecting the Title field or delete by selecting the Trash icon.
Play videos during a webinar (presenter)
Organizers or presenters on the desktop app can play videos that were previously uploaded to the webinar. Only the current presenter is able to start playing a video and view playback controls (play, pause, and stop).
Note: Once the video is done playing, the Viewer will remain open with the last video frame shown until the presenter closes out of the Viewer.
- In the Sharing pane, select the Show drop-down menu.
- Previously uploaded videos are listed along other screen sharing options. The presenter can choose the desired video under Uploaded Videos.
- The selected video will open in the Viewer window. From there, the presenter can play and pause the video playback using the Play and Pause icons.
Note: You cannot rewind or fast forward through the video.
View videos during a webinar (attendees)
Attendees do not need to do anything special to watch videos during a webinar. When the presenter begins to share a video, the video stream will replace what is on the current screen. Attendees joining via the web and mobile apps will be able to watch videos.
- Only the presenter playing the video has access to the playback controls and has the ability to start, pause or stop the video feed for all attendees (i.e., they do not have the ability to stop and start the video at their own discretion).
- When a presenter shares a video, the video's audio feed will only be played through Computer audio (mic and speakers). This means that any attendees who have dialed into the audio conference using Phone audio will hear the video play through their computer or device's speakers rather than over the phone.
- If an attendee is not hearing the audio properly (whether they are connected via Computer or Phone audio), they should check the volume on their computer's speakers and/or check their device output. It's possible that the audio is playing through a different output (like a USB headset that is plugged in).
- Once the video is done playing, the Viewer will remain open with the last video frame shown until organizers close out of the Viewer. Previously shared webcams will be disabled and replaced with the video once sharing begins.