How do I change my webcam background using ChromaCam in GoTo Webinar?
You can customize, replace, or blur your webcam background during webinars with ChromaCam, a third-party service! If you have a paid GoTo Webinar account, you can use your credentials to download and access ChromaCam Pro for free.
If you are a co-organizer or panelist but don't have your own GoTo Webinar account, you can download ChromaCam Lite for free and use it during the webinar. If you are an attendee joining someone else's webinar, you cannot share your webcam during the session.
|OS||Windows 8, 10, 11 or macOS Mojave (10.14) or newer
Chromacam 126.96.36.199 and below fully support Windows 7
|Processor||Intel 6th gen i5 quad-core or higher processor running at 3.3GHz or higher|
|Memory||4GB + RAM|
|Webcam||Any RGB webcam (e.g., embedded computer webcam)|
Download ChromaCam Pro
Your GoTo Webinar account comes with ChromaCam Pro. If you do not see the "Custom background" setting, your admin may have disabled the feature. Please reach out to your account admin to enable it.
Note: You need admin rights to install ChromaCam. If you cannot install ChromaCam, please contact your IT admin.
- Sign in to your account at https://global.gotowebinar.com.
- Select the Settings icon in the left menu.
- Scroll and open Custom Background, then select Download ChromaCam.
- Go through the installation flow.
- To access ChromaCam Pro, sign in using your GoTo Webinar credentials and Allow GoTo to connect to ChromaCam.
- The next time you join or host a webinar, ChromaCam will be available as a webcam device.
Use ChromaCam during a session
We recommend testing your webcam before the webinar to choose your preferred background or filter.
- Start or join a webinar.
- Open the Webcam pane and click Preferences.
- In the Webcam category, select ChromaCam in the "Select a camera" drop-down menu. If prompted, sign in to your GoTo Webinar account.
- Your webcam will automatically blur. You can change the blur level in the settings, choose other filters, or upload your own customized background.
- Once you've selected the desired background, close out of ChromaCam and click OK in your GoTo Webinar Preferences.
- In the GoTo Webinar Control Panel, click Share My Webcam.
What if my computer starts to lag?
If you are experiencing low bandwidth or the GoTo Webinar app lags, follow these best practices. Learn more tips and tricks or view ChromaCam's FAQs.
- If you are using the blur filter, lower the blurriness level or switch to another background.
- Close other applications in the background.
- Switch back to your standard camera.