How to Uninstall MSI in Remote Execution
You can upload .msi files to allow for silent MSI uninstallation.
Authentication is required only once when you run a Remote Execution step.
- On the Remote Execution page, select Create new job.
Result: The Create job page is displayed.
- Choose the platform where you want to run automation steps.
- Add the MSI uninstallation step to the list on the left.
- Click Upload to upload the .msi file of your choice. Note:
- You must upload the same MSI file that you have used to install an application on remote devices.
- You can only upload an MSI file that has a built-in uninstallation feature.
- You can reference the file from the script. You can upload one file per job with a maximum size of 1GB. Only .msi files can be used.
- You can add Optional parameters when running an MSI installer. These must be silent options that do not require user interaction. Otherwise, uninstallation may not finish.
- Click Next.
- From the list of Computers define the computers or a group of computers that will receive the script.
You can organize your devices by selecting a grouping option from the top of the list.Important:
The silent switch is automatically added to allow for the silent uninstallation of the MSI. You can set additional official and custom MSI parameters if required.
- Click Next.
- Name the job in a way that is easy to remember later on.
- Click Run. Note: A preset timeout pertains to both the job and the step.
A timeout for every step is set to two hours, meaning that GoTo Resolve waits two hours for the script to finish on the remote computer. When the script finishes, GoTo Resolve starts the next step and waits another two hours for that step to finish. If a step does not finish on a remote computer in two hours, then it times out and the whole job fails.