How to Install MSI in Remote Execution
You can upload .msi files to allow for silent MSI installation.
Authentication is required only once when you run a Remote Execution step.
- On the Remote Execution page, select Create new job.
Result: The Create job page is displayed.
- Choose the platform where you want to run automation steps.
- Add the MSI installation step to the list on the left.
- Click Upload to upload the .msi file of your choice.
Note: You can reference the file from the script. You can upload one file per job with a maximum size of 1GB. Only .msi files can be used.
- You can add Optional parameters when running an MSI installer. These must be 'silent' options that do not require user interaction. Otherwise, the installation process may not finish.
- Click Next.
- From the list of Computers define the devices or a group of devices that will receive the script.
You can organize your devices by selecting a grouping option from the top of the list.
- Your computers must have the latest version of the GoTo Resolve software to be displayed in the list.
- The silent switch is automatically added to allow for the silent installation of the MSI. You can set additional parameters if required.
- Click Next.
- Name the job in a way that is easy to remember later on.
Optionally, you can schedule jobs up to seven days in advance. To do so, toggle Schedule this job and set the time and date for the job to run.
- Click Run.
Note: A preset timeout pertains to both the job and the step.
A timeout for every step is set to two hours, meaning that GoTo Resolve waits two hours for the script to finish on the remote computer. When the script finishes, GoTo Resolve starts the next step and waits another two hours for that step to finish. If a step does not finish on a remote computer in two hours, then it times out and the whole job fails.