How to Install and Update Apps with Windows Package Manager (Winget)
You can install and update Windows applications on remote computers.
Authentication is required only once when you run a Remote Execution step.
- On the Remote Execution page, select Create new job.
Result: The Create job page is displayed.
- Choose the platform where you want to run automation steps.
- Add the relevant step to the list on the left.
- To install a new app, add the Winget install step.
- To update and existing app to the latest version, add the Winget upgrade step.
- Type the Application id and Version information to the relevant fields.
To get this information, open a command prompt and type winget search <name of the application>. For example, winget search notepad. If you do not specify a version, you'll get the latest version of the application.
- Click Next.
- From the list of Devices define the devices or a group of devices that will receive the script.
You can organize your devices by selecting a grouping option from the top of the list.
- Click Next.
- Name the job in a way that is easy to remember later on.
Optionally, you can schedule jobs up to seven days in advance. To do so, toggle Schedule this job and set the time and date for the job to run.
- Click Run.
Note: A preset timeout pertains to both the job and the step.
A timeout for every step is set to two hours, meaning that GoTo Resolve waits two hours for the script to finish on the remote computer. When the script finishes, GoTo Resolve starts the next step and waits another two hours for that step to finish. If a step does not finish on a remote computer in two hours, then it times out and the whole job fails.