How to Import Registry Settings in Remote Execution
Import registry settings on remote computers without user interaction.
Authentication is required only once when you run a Remote Execution step.
- On the Manage page under Remote Execution click Create new job.
Result: The Create new job page is displayed.
- Add the Registry import step to the list on the left.
- Click Upload to upload the .reg file of your choice. Note: You can reference the file from the script. You can upload one file per job with a maximum size of 1GB. Only .reg files can be used. The registry file must include the path and value of the registry keys.
- Click Next.
- From the list of Computers define the computers or a group of computers that will receive the script.
You can organize your devices by selecting a grouping option from the top of the list.
- Click Next.
- Name the job in a way that is easy to remember later on.
- Click Run. Note: A preset timeout pertains to both the job and the .
A timeout for every is set to two hours, meaning that GoTo Resolve waits two hours for the script to finish on the remote computer. When the script finishes, GoTo Resolve starts the next step and waits another two hours for that step to finish. If a step does not finish on a remote computer in two hours, then it times out and the whole job fails.
Result: The specified .reg file is imported into the registry of the selected computers.