How to Download a File in Remote Execution
Download a file from a given URL to the working directory or to a specified folder.
Authentication is required only once when you run a Remote Execution step.
- On the Remote Execution page, select Create new job.
Result: The Create job page is displayed.
- Choose the platform where you want to run automation steps.
- Add the File download step to the list on the left.
- Type the URL of the file that you want to download to the remote computer.
- Set the Destination Folder. Tip: The path may contain environment variables. For example, %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\
- Type a file name if you want to rename the file.
Leave this field empty if you do not want to rename the downloaded file.
- Click Next.
- From the list of Computers define the computers or a group of computers that will receive the script.
You can organize your devices by selecting a grouping option from the top of the list.
- Name the job in a way that is easy to remember later on.
- Click Next.
- Click Run. Note: A preset timeout pertains to both the job and the step.
A timeout for every step is set to two hours, meaning that GoTo Resolve waits two hours for the script to finish on the remote computer. When the script finishes, GoTo Resolve starts the next step and waits another two hours for that step to finish. If a step does not finish on a remote computer in two hours, then it times out and the whole job fails.