How to Display a Pop-up Message with Remote Execution
You can display a pop-up message on target computers that is displayed on top of all other windows.
- On the
page, select Create new job.Can't find the page in the left menu? That's probably because the Devices menu is collapsed. Click the arrow to expand it.
- On the Create job page, choose the platform where you want to run automation steps.
- Add the Message box step to the list on the left.
- In the Caption field, type the caption of the message box that you want to display.
- In the Text field, type the message that you want to display to the end user.
- Click Next.
- From the list of Devices define the devices or a group of devices that will receive the script.
You can organize your devices by selecting a grouping option from the top of the list.
- Click Next.
- Name the job in a way that is easy to remember later on.
Optionally, you can schedule jobs up to one year in advance. To do so, toggle Schedule this job and set the time and date for the job to run. In the Date and time field, either type a date or click the calendar icon to choose it from a date picker.Remember: You can select offline devices for scheduled jobs, but when a job runs, devices must be online; otherwise, the job will fail on that device. Scheduled jobs run on each remote device's local time.
- Click Run.
Note: On the Summary page, this step remains in Running status until the end user at the target computer acknowledges the message.Note: A preset timeout pertains to both the job and the step.
A timeout for every step is set to two hours, meaning that GoTo Resolve waits two hours for the script to finish on the remote computer. When the script finishes, GoTo Resolve starts the next step and waits another two hours for that step to finish. If a step does not finish on a remote computer in two hours, then it times out and the whole job fails.