How to Create a ZIP File in Remote Execution
Create a ZIP file from files or folders.
Authentication is required only once when you run a Remote Execution step.
- On the Remote Execution page, select Create new job.
Result: The Create job page is displayed.
- Choose the platform where you want to run automation steps.
- Add the Compress to ZIP step to the list on the left.
- Type the path of a source file or a folder that you want to compress to a ZIP.
- Type the Destination file path on the remote computer.
- Optionally, select the following:
- Include root folder - when selecting a folder as source, this option adds the root folder to the ZIP file as the topmost folder. When you extract the ZIP, its content is automatically copied to that folder. For example, when you select c:\strategy\panning\tools as source, the compressed ZIP will have a tools folder that will contain your compressed files. Without selecting this option, a tools folder will not be created for your compressed files.
- Overwrite existing file - overwrites the ZIP file every time you run this step
- Click Next.
- From the list of Computers define the computers or a group of computers that will receive the script.
You can organize your devices by selecting a grouping option from the top of the list.
- Name the job in a way that is easy to remember later on.
- Click Next.
- Click Run. Note: A preset timeout pertains to both the job and the .
A timeout for every is set to two hours, meaning that GoTo Resolve waits two hours for the script to finish on the remote computer. When the script finishes, GoTo Resolve starts the next step and waits another two hours for that step to finish. If a step does not finish on a remote computer in two hours, then it times out and the whole job fails.