How to Copy, Move, or Delete Folders with Remote Execution
You can copy and move folders on target computers.
Authentication is required only once when you run a Remote Execution step.
- On the Remote Execution page, select Create new job.
Result: The Create job page is displayed.
- Choose the platform where you want to run automation steps.
- Depending on what you want to do with files, add the Folder copy or Folder move step to the list on the left.
- Type the path of a source folder that you want to copy, move, or delete.
- Type the Destination folder on the remote computer.
This field is only available when you copy or move a file.
- Under Overwrite existing files, choose whether to overwrite files that already exist on remote computers.
- Click Next.
- From the list of Devices define the devices or a group of devices that will receive the script.
You can organize your devices by selecting a grouping option from the top of the list.
- Click Next.
- Name the job in a way that is easy to remember later on.
Optionally, you can schedule jobs up to seven days in advance. To do so, toggle Schedule this job and set the time and date for the job to run.
- Click Run.
Note: A preset timeout pertains to both the job and the step.
A timeout for every step is set to two hours, meaning that GoTo Resolve waits two hours for the script to finish on the remote computer. When the script finishes, GoTo Resolve starts the next step and waits another two hours for that step to finish. If a step does not finish on a remote computer in two hours, then it times out and the whole job fails.