How do I Attach Files to a Ticket in the Console?
You can attach files either directly to a helpdesk ticket or as a comment.
- Sign in to the Console at http://console.gotoresolve.com.
- Go to Helpdesk and select a ticket.
- Attach your files in one of the following ways:
- Click Attach files to ticket and browse to a file on your computer to add files to the ticket.
- Type your comment into the Comments field and then click Attach files to comment. Browse to a file on your computer to select it.
- You can attach files with a maximum size of 5MB each and 20MB in total.
- Executable and compressed files, such as .exe and .zip files cannot be attached. See the supported file types below.
- You can only attach files to newly created tickets.
- You can attach files to comments even after creating ticket.
- To remove an attachment, hover over the file and click X in the top-right corner.
- Save your changes.
Remember: Attachments are included in the email notification that is sent when a ticket is created. For information on how to manage email notifications, see How do I Set up Email Notifications in GoTo Resolve?Tip: You can set up alerts when a ticket is created or modified. See How do I Set up Email Notifications in GoTo Resolve?
What types of files can you attach to a ticket?
- PNG images
- JPG images
- JPEG images
- GIF images
- MPEG audio files
- MP4 audio and video files
- Plain text files
- CSV files
- Microsoft Word documents
- Microsoft Excel documents
- Microsoft Powerpoint documents
- PDF documents
- Quicktime videos
What can you do with attachments?
- Click an image attachment to enlarge it.
- While the image is enlarged, you can zoom in and out with the slider in the top navigation bar.
- Click to download the attachment.
- Click to rotate the attachment.
- Remove an attachment by hovering over the file and clicking X in the top-right corner.