Configure Automated Provisioning for GoTo Products Using Okta
Set up automatic provisioning to create accounts and assign GoTo products to those user accounts in the .
Provisioning is the process of creating user accounts and assigning and/or revoking access to products to those user accounts. Smaller companies use the to manually provision users, but as the number of users increases, or if there are large shifts in product usage and/or users (due to acquisitions, turnover rates, changes in roles, etc.), it makes sense to use an automated provisioning method to facilitate these changes.
- Push groups
- Groups and their members can be pushed to the classic GoTo Admin Center. For more information about using group push operations, see Push groups from Okta to Active Directory and Configure enhanced group push enhancements for Active Directory organizational units.
- Push new users via group membership
- New users are created in the classic GoTo Admin Center after being added to a group that has already been assigned to app and pushed.
- Push profile updates
- Updates made to the user's profile through Okta will be pushed to the classic GoTo Admin Center.
- Push user deactivation
- Deactivating the user or disabling the user's access to the application through Okta will deactivate the user in the classic GoTo Admin Center.
Note: For this application, deactivating a user means removing the user’s account role and product access. The user will not be deleted from the GoTo account, but instead remain assigned with a “Suspended” status in the classic GoTo Admin Center.
- Reactivate users
- User accounts can be reactivated in this application by reassigning the user to the group associated with the Product child app.