Start or Schedule Meetings with the GoToMeeting Outlook Plugin
If you are running Windows, the GoToMeeting Outlook plugin allows you to view, schedule, join, edit and delete meetings directly from your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
Start a meeting now in Outlook (Windows)
- In the Outlook menu bar, click Meet Now. If prompted, sign in with your GoToMeeting credentials.
- An email form will launch with the meeting invitation pre-populated. The first time, you will receive a "An email invitation is now ready for you to send" message. Check the Don't show this again box if you want to skip the message in the future. Click OK to close the message.
- Add the invitees' email addresses, modify the subject as necessary, and make any changes to the body of the email.
- Click Send.
Schedule a meeting in Outlook (Windows)
- In the Outlook menu bar, click Schedule Meeting. If prompted, sign in with your GoToMeeting credentials.
- An email form will launch with the meeting invitation (including Join links and dial-in numbers) pre-populated.If you have preferred countries set, these are used. If not, and US is selected, then the US is used. For all other cases the alphabetically first selected country is used.
- Use the Outlook fields to specify the subject, date and start/end times. The URL to connect to the meeting is added automatically to the Location field of the email. You can add a physical meeting room as needed.
- Invite attendees by adding their email addresses in the To field.
- Click Send when finished.
Edit a meeting via Outlook (Windows)
- Audio tab: Choose and change audio settings.
- Co-organizer tab: Search forand add co-organizers within your GoToMeeting account, then click Save.
- Password tab: Add a password to your meeting by selecting the Require a meeting password option, adding a password, and saving.
Remove a meeting from an Outlook appointment
- Open the desired appointment on your Outlook calendar.
- In the Ribbon, click Remove Meeting.
- Click Send Update when finished.