How do I use meeting transcriptions? (Classic)
Meeting transcripts allows you to focus on your meeting, while GoToMeeting focuses on the note-taking.
The features that are available on your account may vary depending on your subscription plan.
Enable transcriptions (Admins only)
- Log in to the Admin Center at https://admin.logmeininc.com.
- Select Manage Users or Manage User Groups in the left navigation.
- Locate and select your desired user or group.
- If enabling for a single user, click Edit in the Settings pane.
- If enabling for a user group, click the Settings icon to automatically select all included users.
- Make sure GoToMeeting is selected in the top navigation.
- Under "Features" and "Record Meetings", enable Cloud Recording and Transcription On.
Access and view transcriptions
- Log in at https://global.gotomeeting.com .
- Click the Meeting History tab.
- Locate the desired recording, and click View recording & transcript. This will open a page with both the interactive recording and written transcript.
- (a) Change recording view – Switch between recording and transcript view, recording only view, and transcript only view.
- (b) View meeting info – View meeting details including meeting title, date, duration, talk time, and attendees.
- (d) Manage the share link – Enable link sharing, specify shared meeting content, copy share link, and set expiration date on share links.
- (e) Download the recording– Download the recording as a .MP4 file.
- (f) Search for keywords – Search for keywords and key content using the Search bar.
- (g) Filter specific speakers – View the transcript of a specific participant.
- (h) Use auto scroll– Follow the transcripts as the recording plays.
- (i) Copy the transcript – Copy the full textual transcript by clicking the Copy icon next to the Search bar. Paste the copied text wherever.
- (j) Toggle speaker timeline – View a color-coordinated timeline of speakers.
- (k) View closed captioning – View subtitles while the recording plays.