How do I schedule meetings from the desktop app? (Classic)
Organizers can schedule meetings from the hub at any time. You can schedule a meeting that occurs once or occurs multiple times.
- Right-click the Daisy icon in the system tray (Windows) or toolbar (Mac). If the Daisy icon is missing, it's most likely because the desktop app is not running. In this case, locate the application on your computer and open it.
- Click Schedule a Meeting.
- Use the Schedule a Meeting window to specify the details of your new meeting, as follows:
- (a) Meeting name – Enter a title for the meeting.
- (b) Recurrence – How often do you want your meeting to occur? Select which type of meeting you want to schedule using the drop-down menu. Learn more.
- Occurs once – This will create a one-time meeting with a set date and time.
- Occurs multiple times – This will create a recurring meeting, which has no date and time and never expires.
- (c) Date/Time – Select the date and time of the meeting (note that this option will not be available if you selected "Occurs multiple times").
- (d) Timezone – The meeting timezone will automatically set to your computer's timezone. You can click the link if you'd like to change it (note that this option will not be available if you selected "Occurs multiple times").
- (e) Audio tab – Select which audio options should be available to attendees during the session. To add more international long-distance (toll) and/or toll-free numbers, click Edit countries to choose more countries. Learn more.
- (f) Co-organizers tab – If desired, enter the name or email address of attendees whom you would like to become co-organizers of the meeting.
- (g) Password tab – As an organizer, you can choose to password-protect your meetings. Once password-protected, your attendees will need to enter a secret password of your choosing to join the session. Note that only local recording is available for password-protected meetings. Learn more.
- Click Save when finished. The new meeting will immediately be available from the desktop app's My Meeting's screen as well as the My Meeting page online.
- If you integrated GoTo Meeting with an email client (like Outlook), a meeting invitation will pop up. You can use it to invite attendees to your meeting. If you want to remind attendees of a recurring meeting, click Recurrence in your Outlook invitation email, or choose another calendar to remind attendees.