How do I install and set up GoTo Meeting for Salesforce Lightning?
The Salesforce Lightning integration allows you to connect quickly with your leads and contacts through automatic invites and instant meeting links. You can share your presentation, demo your product, impress your prospects with clear screen sharing and video conferencing, and boost sales productivity by scheduling and storing meeting information directly in Salesforce.
Download GoTo Connect for Salesforce Lightning
Set up the new Salesforce package
- Log in to your Salesforce account.
- Update your Lead, Contact, and Opportunity labels to include the New GoTo Meeting and GoTo Meeting Now buttons for the Salesforce Lightning experience. Note that you can also add these buttons to be displayed in Salesforce Classic.
- Select .
- Select Page Layouts in the left menu and Lead Layout, Contact Layout, or Opportunity Layout depending on what object you are modifying.
- In the Layout field, select Mobile & Lightning Actions.
- Drag and drop the New GoToMeeting and GoToMeeting Now buttons to Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions.
- Save the layout.
- Assign users to the "GTM Event Permission" Permission Set if your users aren't allowed to use the integration in Salesforce. This will allow them to create general Event records and work with Event buttons. You can alternatively assign every profile to the following Visualforce pages.
- From the Setup page, click Custom Code and Visualforce Pages
- Select Security next to "NewButton", "EditButton", and "DeleteButton" to open the profile selector.
- Add all the user profiles or assign desired user profiles, and select Save.
- Add your users to the "GTM Permission" Permission Set if your users will be using the integration in Salesforce.
- Click Users in the left menu and Permission Sets.
- Click the GTM Permission and GTM Event Permission Permission Set labels.
- Click Manage Assignments and Add Assignments.
- Check the desired users and click Assign.
- If desired, you can modify the GoTo Meeting email template to include your organization's branding.
- If you upgraded Salesforce from a previous version, you must delete "Go To Meeting Layout" Event Layout and replace it with "GoTo Meeting Layout". If desired, you can delete all Activity Custom Fields and Visualforce Pages.
Schedule an Apex class (admins only)
- Make sure you are a system admin with "GTM Permission" set.
- Search for and open Apex classes.
- Select Schedule Apex on top of the "Apex classes" table.
- Set the form values to the following:
- Job Name: GTM Schedule Fetch Session
- Apex Class: ScheduleSessionSync
- Schedule Apex Execution: enter the start date/time of this process
- The scheduled process will start running at the entered start date/time and will execute every 60 minutes depending on the set settings.
- To verify it was correctly created, open the Jobs drop-down list under "Environments" in the left menu and select Scheduled Jobs.
Schedule and access meetings
- In Salesforce, select Leads, Contacts, or Opportunities in the top navigation.
- Select a specific lead, contact, or opportunity.
- Select the drop-down menu on the right side of the lead, contact, or opportunity and New GoTo Meeting or GoTo Meeting Now.
- New GoTo Meeting – Schedule a new meeting.
- GoTo Meeting Now – Start an instant meeting without scheduling.
- Fill out the meeting form and click Save and send invites. Learn more about filling out the meeting form details.