How do I use a virtual fax machine in a dial plan?
Tell the system to listen for a fax tone. If a fax is detected, the call is intercepted and sent to the designated virtual fax machine. Not available in Brazil and Mexico.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new admin experience. The article below is meant for admins who use https://my.jive.com/pbx to administer their account. If you're an admin who uses https://admin.goto.com, please visit our GoTo Admin support site for help.
- Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Dial Plans in the left sidebar and then click the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Detect Fax node from the left sidebar to the desired spot on the canvas. Important: This node must be the first used in a dial plan if you want to detect a fax.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Detect Fax node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following setting(s):
Setting Description Choose… Select the desired virtual fax machine. Next Node Connects nodes to create a call flow.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Click Save.