How do I set up a chat assistant?
Create a chat assistant for your chat queues to enhance your customers chat experience while optimizing your agent's time.
- Sign in to our GoTo desktop/web app.
- From , select + Add chat assistant.
- Enter a name and description.
- Build your smart response flow by dragging, dropping, connecting the following actions to the Start of conversation on the canvas:
Choice Description Send buttons Use this to create customizable buttons (options) for your customers to choose from, such as "See operating hours", "See our return policy", and "Talk to Customer Service." Send message Use this to send a custom message to your customers. This is helpful to use for common questions that have a simple answer such as "What are your hours?" or "Where is the pickup warehouse located?" Instead of having an agent available to answer simple questions, you can equip your chat assistant with those answers. Add tag Use this to add a tag to the conversation. This is useful for categorizing your conversations so that you can more easily search your chat histories and see your top conversation topics. Send to agent Use this to send the conversation to a live agent. You can add a custom message for the customer to see during the transfer process. The full chat history up to this point will be visible to the agent in their chat window.
- To fill in an action, select the desired action from the canvas and make any needed updates, including deleting the action.
- When you are done building your flow, select Save & Close.
- From , select the chat queue that you want to set up with your newly created chat assistant.
, enable chat assistance and then select the desired chat assistant flow to use.Fastpath: You can also edit the flow or create a new one directly from here using either Edit after selecting an existing flow or Create a new assistant. This will open up the chat assistant canvas or creation flow accordingly.
- Select Save.