How do I send a virtual fax?
Send faxes through email, removing the need to have a physical fax machine and allowing you to fax on the go. Not available in Brazil and Mexico.
- From your email account, compose a new message.
- Enter faxNumber@‹domain›.fax.onjive.com in the To: field.
Note: You can only send virtual faxes to one recipient.
- Replace faxNumber with the external 10 digit fax phone number, without the 1 or any dashes (e.g., 8012321987). You cannot send a virtual fax to an internal extension or a number that requires an extension (e.g., 8012321987 ext 1121).
- Replace ‹domain› with your unique domain (found in parentheses at the top of the GoTo admin portal dashboard).
- Enter the virtual fax machine’s access code in the Subject: field. If you add a subject, enter a space after the access code and then include the subject (e.g., 294034210 March Invoice). Note: If you do not have the virtual fax machine’s access code, contact your system admin for assistance.
- Remove all text from the body of the email, including email signatures.
- Attach file(s) to the email. If including a cover sheet, attach that first. Supported file types:
File Type File Format Microsoft Office .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx Document .pdf, .rtf, .txt Image .jpg, .tiff, .png, .bmp, .gifNote: Larger files may experience lag time or potentially fail. We recommend no more than 200 pages at a time.
- Click Send.