How do I send a virtual fax?
Send faxes through email, removing the need to have a physical fax machine and allowing you to fax on the go. Not available in Brazil and Mexico.
- From your email account, compose a new message.
- Enter faxNumber@‹domain›.fax.goto.com in the To: field.
- Replace faxNumber with the external 10 digit fax phone number, without the 1 or any dashes (e.g., 8012321987). You cannot send a virtual fax to an internal extension or a number that requires an extension (e.g., 8012321987 ext 1121).
- Replace ‹domain› with your unique domain. PBX Administration (classic) users will find their domain in the parentheses at the top of their portal dashboard. GoTo Admin portal users will find their domain in Account Settings.
- We are now GoTo and the address has been updated. However, faxNumber@‹domain›.fax.onjive.com is still supported.
- You can only send virtual faxes to one recipient.
- Enter the virtual fax machine’s access code in the Subject: field. If you add a subject, enter a space after the access code and then include the subject (e.g., 294034210 March Invoice). Note: If you do not have the virtual fax machine’s access code, contact your system admin for assistance.
- Remove all text from the body of the email, including email signatures.
- Attach file(s) to the email. If including a cover sheet, attach that first. Supported file types:
File Type File Format Microsoft Office .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx Document .pdf, .rtf, .txt Image .jpg, .tiff, .png, .bmp, .gifNote: Larger files may experience lag time or potentially fail. We recommend no more than 200 pages at a time.
- Select Send.