How do I manage pause reasons?
Set up pause reasons for your agents to use.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience. If you see on your top nav bar, click here to view our GoTo Admin support content.
Before you begin:
About this task: This is an optional feature. By default, all pause reasons are enabled. Disabling all of them will reset your agent's experience so that they see the Ready for Calls and Pause All Queues buttons rather than the Agent Status dropdown.
- Log in with one of our platforms:
Log in Steps From GoToConnect
- Log in to GoToConnect.
From Admin Portal
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- From the left sidebar, select Call Queues & Contact Center.
- From General Settings, click Pause Reasons.
- To add a new pause reason, click + New Reason.
- The system does not support duplicate names, regardless of casing.
- The character limit is 255 characters.
- Spaces, latin letters, ditgits, dots, and special characters are allowed.
- To rename an existing pause reason, click .
- To delete a pause reason, click .
- To disable pause reasons, toggle off or delete each pause reason.
What to do next: Let your agents and supervisors know what experience to expect. If pause reasons are enabled, agents will be able to sign in, select a pause reason, or log out of all queues from a single drop-down menu in their agent view. If pause reasons are disabled, agents will see the Ready for Calls and Pause All Queues buttons. They will continue to clickto log out.