Uninstall GoTo Training
When you start or join a session, the installation package that is downloaded onto your computer includes the GoTo Training desktop application, the GoTo Training and the Web Deployment browser plugins. We don't recommend uninstalling any of the components of the installation package if you frequently start or join sessions, because they enable you to get into session faster. However, if you need to uninstall GoTo Training, there are a few options for doing so.
Uninstall manually from Windows (recommended)
- Uninstall the desktop app. The process for uninstalling a desktop application from a computer varies depending on the computer's operating system. See your operating system's user manual for more information.
- Uninstall the GoTo Opener app. Follow the same process for uninstalling the GoTo Opener app as you did for uninstalling the desktop app.
Note: Windows 7 example: Go to . Right-click GoTo Training and select Uninstall > Yes.
Uninstall manually from Mac (recommended)
- Remove the desktop app from the Applications folder. Open
and right-click (or drag to the Trash icon).
- Empty trash. Right-click on the Trash icon in the menu bar and click Empty Trash or open the Trash and click Empty.
Note: If the app re-installs itself automatically, you have to disable automatic updates. To disable automatic updates, you can open the GoTo Meeting app and click . Uncheck the Automatically install updates (recommended) box.
Uninstall via MSI on Windows (advanced)
MSI Installation Steps
- Before uninstalling user assigned GoToMeeting with a Group Policy, check that the "Start Manually" option is enabled from the GoToMeeting user preferences – and not "Start automatically after I log in to Windows" (which may result in an incomplete uninstallation).
- Go to GPO Properties.
- Click the Deployment tab and check the "Uninstall this application when it falls out of the scope of management" box.
Uninstall the GoTo Opener application from Windows
The process for uninstall the desktop application from a computer varies depending on the computer's operating system. See your operating system's user manual for more information.