How do I configure GoTo Training to work with firewalls?
If you use a personal firewall software to block unwanted network access, it's possible that your firewall software is blocking the download or subsequent network connections for GoTo Training. By default, all third-party and built-in Windows and macOS firewalls will allow access automatically or after asking for permission when you first join a session. If you have a more restrictive configuration or denied access initially, you can manually enable GoTo Training in your security software's firewall settings.
Manually unblock the download
Most security programs allow you to configure access to specific programs in their firewall settings. Learn what you need to allow based on the version of the app that you are using below:
GoTo desktop app
- On Windows — Look in the program rules for goto.exe and set it to Allow or Full Access.
- On macOS — Look in the program rules for GoTo and set it to Allow or Full Access.
GoTo browser app
- On Windows — Look in the program rules for chrome.exe and set it to Allow or Full Access.
- On macOS — Look in the program rules for Google Chrome and set it to Allow or Full Access.
V10 GoToMeeting app
- On Windows — Look in the program rules for g2mcomm.exe and g2mvideoconference.exe set it to Allow or Full Access.
- On macOS — Look in the program rules for GoToMeeting set it to Allow or Full Access.
The method for doing this will vary depending on both your operating system and the firewall software that you are using (e.g., the built-in Windows Firewall vs. a third-party application like McAfee or Norton). For more targeted assistance, please visit the support site of the manufacturer for the security program that you have installed on your computer.
Update anti-virus software settings
Anti-virus software may block the download of the GoTo desktop app. If this happens, try using the GoTo web version or update the settings in your anti-virus software to allow the download of the GoTo app and subsequent files.
Configure firewalls within a network domain
If you are in a corporate environment, there is most likely a central firewall that may need to be configured to allow GoTo traffic for a successful connection. Please contact your IT department to make the required configurations.
Configure Firewalls on Your Computer
- Host or join a session to set off your firewall.
- When prompted to enable GoTo Training to access the Internet, select Yes, and then select Remember the answer each time I use this program.
- Open your anti-virus program to allow it to accept all GoTo Training files. The following must be admitted via 1 of 3 ports: 80, 443 or 8200. One-way TCP connectivity is required (TCP outbound).
g2m_download.exe G2MStart.exe G2MChat.exe g2mupload.exe G2MLauncher.exe G2MQandA.exe AppCore.exe G2MTesting.exe G2MSessionControl.exe G2MInstallerExtractor.exe G2MMaterials.exe G2MMatchMaking.exe G2MCoreInstExtractor.exe G2MPolling.exe G2MRecorder.exe G2MCodecInstExtractor.exe G2MView.exe G2MTranscoder.exe G2MInstHigh.exe G2MUI.exe G2MFeedback.exe G2MInstaller.exe G2MComm.exe G2MHost.exee G2MUninstall.exe