Starting an Instant Remote View Session from the Mobile Agent App
You can learn from this article how to start an instant remote view session from the Mobile Agent App.
Remember: This feature is not available with a Free subscription. Check out which subscription you need to get the most of GoTo Resolve.
- Select Remote view in the Support tab of the Mobile App.
- Invite your end-user to join the session by sending them the Support key. You have the following options:
- Send the link over the phone or a messaging app
- Send the end-user the support key over the phone or a messaging app. End-users can join a support session at https://helpdesk.me/join.
- Send the support key to the end-user
- Direct your end-user to https://helpdesk.me/join and ask them to enter the support key of the session.
- Ask the end-user to click Accept in the chat window.
- Select Remote View.
- Ask the end-user to click Share so that they can establish a support session.
Note: End-users can share their entire screen - or if they are using multiple screens, they can select one to share - a specific window or browser tab.
Result: A Remote view support session is established.Important: You can elevate your Remote view support session to a Remote control support session any time by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of the screen.Note: You can see basic information about the end-user and their device by tapping the info icon on the top right of the session screen.
- To end the session, click End session in the left-hand column of the Support page.
Note: When the Mobile Agent app is no longer active due to inactivity, the session ends automatically.
Article last updated: 24 April, 2023