GoTo Resolve unattended MSI deployment in Intune (Microsoft Endpoint Manager)
To deploy GoTo Resolve via Intune, you must first prepare the app for Intune "Win32 app deployment" and then create that app deployment in Intune.
Get the MSI file for the GoTo Resolve app and prepare it for Intune Win32 app deployment
- Create the following folders:
Note: You can use any other folder on your computer that you have access to.
- Copy the [GoToResolveInstaller]_.msi file to the C:\temp\intunewin\input folder.
Important: Make sure you do not rename the MSI file. Otherwise, deployment in Intue will not work.
- Download the IntuneWinAppUtil.exe file from the Microsoft website.
- Save the intunewinapputil.exe to the c:\temp\intunewin folder.
- Open a command line and type the following:
C:\temp\intunewin\intunewinapputil.exe -c c:\temp\intunewin\input -s [GoToResolveInstaller]_.msi -o c:\temp\intunewin\outputNote: The -s switch specifies your GoTo Resolve MSI filename. Use the actual name of the file you have in the command line.
- Intunewinapputil creates an encrypted package with an .INTUNEWIN extension in the c:\temp\intunewin\output folder.
Create a WIN32 APP deployment in Intune
- Login to your Intune tenant at endpoint.microsoft.com
- Click Apps and then in All Apps view, click +Add.
- Select the Windows app (win32) app type.
- Click .
- Click on the folder icon and browse to your .intunewin file that you have created above.
- Click Open and then OK
Uploading the intunewin file starts.
- Optional: On the App Information page, fill in the information of your win32 app. Make sure you follow your company standards when you edit these attributes and app icon.
Your end users will see this information, for example in your Company Portal.
- Click Next.
The Program page is displayed. The install and uninstall command lines are automatically populated from the intunewin file.
- Type the following command in the Install command field to make sure that it is properly set:
msiexec /i "[your MSI filename.msi]" /qn
- Optional: Make changes to the remaining fields such as Device restart behavior as necessary.
- Click Next.
The Requirements page is displayed.
- For Operating System Architecture, select 32bit AND 64bit, for Minimum Operating System, select Windows 10 1607.
- Click Next.
The Detection rule page is displayed.
- On the Detection rule page, do the following:
- Set Rules Format to Manually configure detection rules.
- Click Add to add a custom detection rule.
- Set Rule type to MSI.
The MSI product code is auto-populated from the uploaded intunewin file.
- Select Yes for MSI product version check.
- Set the Operator to Greater than or equal to.
- Set the Value to the version of your GoTo Resolve MSI application.
You can find the version on the App information page of the Add App Intune wizard. Alternatively, you can check the file properties of your MSI file to see the version value. Using the MSI product version check, Intune will only deploy your app when an older or no version of GoTo Resolve is detected on the target computer.
- Click OK to close the Detection rule window and then click Next.
- Click Next again twice.
You don’t need to specify either dependency rules or Supersedence so you can skip those pages.
- Optional: Select Scope tags according to your company rules and click Next.
Note: Normally you don’t need to select scope tags.
- On the Assignments page, select the deployment targets for your app.
- If you want your app to be deployed silently on a group of users or computers, or to all users or devices, then use the Required section of the window to specify the target groups, users, or devices.
- To make your app available in the Microsoft Company Portal app for all Intune-managed Windows computers, then use the Available for enrolled devices section to select the target groups, users, or devices.
- Click Next.
- Review the settings that you have specified during the previous steps for your app deployment, and click Create to finish the Win32 app creation.
Your app package will now get created and the intunewin file will begin to upload to Intune. Wait until the upload is finished.
- Intune will now begin to deploy your app according to your settings on the Assignment page.