How do I enroll a new device for Multi-Factor Authentication for my OpenVoice account?
If you ever lose or replace the multifactor enabled device you use to sign in to your OpenVoice account, you can go through the enrollment process again on your new device. This will replace the previously established Multi-Factor Authentication paired to your account, so that your account authenticates with the most recently enrolled device.
- Go to the Sign In & Security page at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security.
- Enter your email address, then click Next.
- Enter your account password, then click Sign in.
Result: You are prompted to enter a code from your authenticator app.
- On the enrollment screen, click Set up a new mobile device.
- When prompted, click Continue.
Result: An email containing a verification code is sent to your account email address.
- Check your inbox and copy the verification code within the email.
- Paste the verification code into the field on the enrollment screen, then click Continue.
- When prompted with the confirmation screen, click Continue.
- On your mobile device, install a Multi-Factor Authentication app (such as LastPass Authenticator, Google Authenticator, etc.) if you have not done so already.
- Once installed, click Continue on the enrollment screen.
- Back on your mobile device, add a new account in your authenticator app (instructions will vary).
- When prompted, scan the QR code displayed on the enrollment screen with your device's camera (you may need to allow camera access). Alternatively, you can manually enter the verification key provided.
- Click Continue on the enrollment screen.
- Enter the time-based, one time authentication code (displayed in your authenticator app) on the enrollment screen.
- Click Continue.
Result: You have returned to the Sign In & Security page where the Enhanced Security setting is now enabled.