How do I send chat messages during the webinar?
Staff members (presenters, panelists, and organizers) can exchange chat messages with each other during the webinar. The organizer can also send public chat messages to all attendees, which will appear in each attendee's Questions pane.Staff members can save the chat log after the webinar ends to review messages later.
Important: Attendees cannot exchange chats – they can only send questions to staff members. It is only possible for attendees to exchange chats if the organizer sends one first. View How do I chat the organizer?.
- In the Chat pane, use the drop-down menu to choose the recipient of the message.
- All - Entire Audience – All participants will see the message; it will appear in the Chat pane for staff members and the Questions pane for attendees. This option is available to organizers only.
- Organizers and Panelists only – All organizers and panelists will see the message in their Chat pane.
- Presenter only – The Presenter will see the message in their Chat pane.
- Individual staff member – Send a message to an individual Presenter or Panelist.
- Send question to staff – All members of staff will see the message appear as a question in the Questions pane rather than their Chat pane.
- Enter your message in the text field then select Send.