How do I leave or end a meeting on the Desktop App? (Classic)
You can leave or end a session at any time regardless of the scheduled end time. Organizers will be given the option to leave a session without ending it for everyone else so that others can continue without them.
Leave a session without ending it
- Click the Leave button or GoTo Meeting in the top menu and Exit - Leave Meeting.
- Continue as follows:
- If there is already 1 or more co-organizers in the session, you can click Yes to confirm that you want to leave. The session will continue without you, and the other organizer(s) can take over facilitating.
- If there are not any co-organizers in the session, you can click Choose an Organizer & Leave, select an attendee from the drop-down menu and click Yes to confirm that you wish to make them an organizer. You will then exit the meeting.
End a session for everyone
- Click the Leave button or GoTo Meeting in the top navigation and Exit - End Meeting.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to end the session for everyone.