How do I install and run the GoTo Meeting Connection Wizard? (Windows)
The GoTo Meeting Connection Wizard tests and determines the ideal connection settings that GoTo Meeting can make within your network. After running the wizard, you can store your optional connection settings on your Windows computer and use those settings in the future to connect to sessions.
Install and run an initial test
- Download the GoTo Meeting Connection Wizard.
- Open the G2MConnectionWizard.exe file and run the software when prompted.
- When the GoTo Meeting Connection Wizard launches, select Run the Connection Wizard to start the connection test.
Note: Users should use Advanced Mode only under guidance from a GoTo representative.
Result: GoTo Meeting's home page should launch in your default browser. If you're not redirected to www.gotomeeting.com, open your browser and go to that page.
- Select OK to continue.
Result: The Connection Wizard will determine the best connection setting for your computer when connecting to GoTo Meeting. This process may take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the detection process is complete, select Next.
- Try out the new connection settings by starting a meeting.
- If you connect successfully, select Finish to complete the Connection Wizard test.
- If you are unable to successfully connect, select I still have problems. The following screen will explain the next recommended steps, which are to contact Customer Support for further troubleshooting. You may be asked to provide a GoToMeeting Connection Wizard report by selecting Wizard Report.
Re-test the connection
- Open your Preferences and select Connection.
- From Test your GoTo Meeting Connection, select Test Connection.
- Under Test Results, you'll see one of the following messages:
Note: You may need to enter your Windows username and password or domain if you have a proxy that prevents you from connecting to GoToMeeting . If you don't have a proxy, please check to see that you have the minimum system requirements.
- Passed: You've established a connection.
- Fail: You haven't established a connection.
- Select OK when finished.