Connect Your Google Calendar to GoToRoom
Admins can connect their Google Calendar to GoToRoom which allows account users to set a room as the meeting location from their Google Calendar and to view upcoming meetings scheduled in the room directly from the hardware. Before you begin to schedule meetings and assign rooms from your calendar, the G Suite account admin must install the GoTo Calendar app from the Google Marketplace.
- You need a GoToRoom account and admin credentials.
- You need G Suite account admin permissions.
- Calendar resources must be set up in your G Suite account.
Create a calendar resource in Google (admins only)
- From the Google Admin Center, click Building and Resources.
- Click Edit Resources and the Plus icon to create a new resource.
- Enter the resource information.
- Category: Other
- Resource name: The GoToRoom system name
- Click Add Resources.
- You've created a calendar resource! You can now go back to the LogMeIn Admin Center to connect your Google or G Suite calendar to GoToRoom.
Add a calendar (admins only)
- Log in to the LogMeIn Admin Center.
- Click Admin Settings in the left menu.
- Under GoToRoom and Calendar Integration, click Google and install the GoTo Calendar under Step 1.
- Once installed, return to the browser tab with the Admin Center. Check the "I have installed the GoTo Calendar App" box under Step 2 and click Connect.
- Sign in using your G Suite account credentials (you do not need admin credentials here). We recommend using a service account because if the user performing this step is ever removed, the integration will no longer work.
- Once signed in, you'll be redirected to Admin Center and see a "Google Calendar is Connected" message. Click Open Manage Rooms to manage your rooms and calendars.
- A list of your rooms will be displayed. Click Add a calendar next to the desired room and map it to the calendar of your choice.