How do I invite other internal representatives to a support session?
In Web Mode and Queue Mode configurations, a representative can invite up to 7 internal representatives (i.e., Internal GoToAssist Users, from the same account) to the session they are hosting for a total of 8 representatives. Depending on your portal configuration, these users can be invited to the session with view only or full remote control access.
Once the setting is enabled, representatives can invite other representatives as follows:
- During a support session, select or click the Invite to Session icon in the Chat toolbar. If your portal is configured to allow external specialists to participate in sessions, you will select > Internal GoToAssist User.
- The Session Collaboration window shows a list of all available representatives, as well as the number of active sessions they are currently in and the portal under which they are logged in. Use the search field or manually expand the portal or sub-portal folders to do one of the following:
- Invite a specific representative - Click a representative's name to invite only them.
- Invite all representatives on a portal - Click a portal name to send out an invitation to all representatives currently logged in under that portal.
- If desired, select the "Mask representatives when they join" check box to keep the invited representative(s) hidden from the customer.
- If desired, add any comments that might help the invited representative(s) understand the customer's issue and/or need for session collaboration. This will be displayed in the Alert pop-up and will not be visible to the customer.
- Click OK when finished.
- The invited representative(s) will receive an Alert pop-up, as follows:
- Invite a specific representative - Only the specified representative will receive the invitation alert. They can click Yes to join the active session.
- Invite all representatives on a portal - All representatives who are currently logged in to the portal will receive the invitation alert. The first representative to click Yes will join the active session, and the invitation alert will disappear for the other representatives.
- The invited representative will appear in the Attendees pane in the representative Chat box once they're joined the session.
Note: The customer must go through the download process again if a second representative joins an active session. They may also be prompted to authorize screen sharing again.