How do I integrate with Slack?
Integrate your phone system with Slack. Manage voicemail, click to call, text messages, log in and out of call queues, see which agents are servicing specific queues, and create queue groups for bulk actions.
Before you begin: To install GoToConnect’s Slack bot, you must have permissions on your Slack workspace (usually a Workspace Admin).
- Click here to install the GoToConnect bot to your workspace.
- To activate the bot and Google Dialogflow functionality, click Allow twice in the authorization screens. (If you are using multiple workspaces, you can select it from the dropdown menu in the top-right corner).
- Click + in Direct Messages.
- Search for gotoconnect.
- Click GoToConnect bot and then click Go.
- Enter /gtc link to connect Slack and GoToConnect.
- Click Connect GoToConnect Account.
- In the integration dashboard window, click Link Accounts in GoToConnect Bot. When linking for the first time on your workspace, a new window might pop up, click Allow.
- In the conversation with the slack bot, enter /gtc configure.
- Choose your line/device and voicemail notification preferences.
- Click Save.
What to do next: When you initiate a call from the app, it first sends the call to your desk phone or GoToConnect (the app must be open), waits for you to pick it up, and then finally completes the call to the outbound number.
Tip: Type help to view a list of GoToConnect Bot's commands.