How do I fix my caller ID?
If you are having trouble with your caller ID's not displaying properly on outbound calls, use these steps to perform initial troubleshooting before contacting Customer Support. You will also learn what situations we are unable to help regarding caller ID issues.
- Toll-free calls — Caller ID is not guaranteed when using a toll-free number.
- Canadian calls — Caller ID works differently in Canada and it is up to each provider to pass through the Caller ID set in the admin portal.
- Rate Centers— Caller ID reflects the city and state of the rate center the phone number is from. Not every city has rate centers so some cities cannot be displayed.
- Feature Not Activated with Provider — If using a cell phone to test with, verify that you have paid for the caller ID feature with your provider, otherwise you will not get valid results.
1. Verify the number is not in your contacts.
Result: Did this fix your issue? If so, hooray! If not, contact your admin to continue troubleshooting with the following steps.
2. Verify caller ID is not blocked
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- From Phone Numbers, select the desired phone number.
- In the General section, verify if Block Caller ID is enabled.
3. Make a test call.
3. Provide a call example.
- Date of the call
- Exact time of the call, including time zone
- Phone number dialed
- Extension or phone number the call was placed from
- What showed up as the caller ID