What's New in GoTo Resolve
Stay up to date on the latest features and updates for GoTo Resolve.
GoTo Resolve – May 11, 2022
- Create a recovery file to reset your own signature key
- When you have a signature key, you can also create a recovery file that allows you to reset your signature key. See How do I Create a Recovery File?
- Setting signature key prompt frequency
- You can now define how often GoTo Resolve should prompt you for your signature key. See How do I Approve or Reject Another Agent's Signature Key?
- Email notifications about zero trust-related changes in your account
- Agents receive an email whenever there is a change in their signature keys. For example, when a key is approved or deleted.
- Brand new page added to manage your signature key and recovery file
- There's a new key management page, where you can create a recovery file or change your signature key. To see this page, on the Manage zero trust page, select Manage my keys at the top of the page.
- Additional verification code introduced when approving another agent's signature key
- When you create a new signature key, you'll get a verification code. The admin who approves your signature key request will ask for this code. See How do I Set up Zero Trust Authentication?
- Drag-and-drop helpdesk tickets in card view
- In card view on the Helpdesk page, you can now drag-and-drop a ticket to another column to change its status.
- Email notifications when helpdesk tickets are created
- You now receive an email when a helpdesk ticket is created in your company.
- Start a support session in the Console from a helpdesk ticket
- In the Console, you can now start a support session directly from a helpdesk ticket. To do so, on the Helpdesk page, open a ticket and click Start support session in the toolbar on the right.
- Pagination added to the Helpdesk page
- In list view on the Helpdesk page, you can now select how many tickets to display on a page and use the arrows to navigate between pages.
- Quick view of applied filters on the Helpdesk page
- On the Helpdesk page, you can now view and remove the applied filters above your helpdesk tickets. See How do I Monitor Tickets in the Console?
- The history now contains additional operations, such as creating a recovery file.
- Zero trust key management performance has been improved
GoTo Resolve Integrations – May 5, 2022
- Slack integration now available
End-users and agents can both use the
GoTo Resolve app in Slack to provide and receive ticket-based support. The following features are available in Slack:
- Direct messaging in Slack - When you edit an existing ticket in Slack, the relevant agents and end-users are notified about the change in their support ticket.
- Fast ticket creation - Create and edit tickets directly from Slack.
- Agent tools - Agents can assign tickets to themselves, start remote support sessions, and add comments to existing tickets.
For details, see Working with Slack as an Agent.
- Multi-company support in the GoTo Resolve app in Microsoft Teams
You can now add multiple companies to a
GoTo Resolve account and work with those in the
GoTo Resolve app for Microsoft Teams. Each company can now be connected to specific Microsoft Teams workspaces, giving you the option to support multiple companies in Teams separately. For more information, see
How do I Link a Helpdesk Channel to a Specific Organization in Microsoft Teams?
Multi-company support is also available in the GoTo Resolve app for Slack.
GoTo Resolve Applet (Windows - 188.8.131.523; Mac - 184.108.40.2062) – May 5, 2022
- MacOS mass deployment support for premium and trial users
- Fixed an issue when files transferred from a local computer to a remote one in a remote control session could not be moved or deleted on the remote computer.
- Fixed an issue when the support session did not reconnect after the remote computer had been rebooted in an unattended session.
- Fixed an issue when not all the devices were shown in the Devices page if the search was filtered to the logged in user.
- OpenSSL is now updated to 1.1.1n in the client application
- Basic auth and forward proxy protocols are now supported
GoTo Resolve – May 4, 2022
- MacOS support in Remote Execution
- Run scripts from a template in Remote Execution
- You can now create step collections as save them as a template to rerun later on your devices. See How to Save Steps as a Template in Remote Execution.
- Create a favorites list in Remote Execution
- You can add your most frequently used Remote Execution steps to your list of favorites. On the Create job page, hover over the name of a step and select the star icon. Favorites are listed at the top. See How to Add Steps to Your Favorites in Remote Execution.
- Remote Execution automatically installs or updates PowerShell on those devices where PowerShell does not have latest major version. See Remote Execution.
GoTo Resolve – April 28, 2022
- Embed the PIN entry page into your website
- You can now embed a PIN entry input field to your help center article. You cannot customize this PIN entry field this time. Available with Standard subscriptions only.
- Agents now receive better guidance on how to use the most frequently used GoTo Resolve features. For example, agents see more details about the next steps when starting a remote control session.
GoTo Resolve – April 22, 2022
- Previously selected monitor was displayed after selecting all monitors in Safari
- Incorrect text was displayed in the Admin mode dialog
- Icons on agent-side toolbar collapsed during camera share session
- Camera share did not start on desktop device without mobile add-on
GoTo Resolve – April 8, 2022
- Agent mobile app
The GoTo Resolve Agent mobile app by GoTo empowers support agents with the flexibility and reliability they need to support their end-users anytime, anywhere. This release introduces Quick View on the Device Page and offers Reporting features.
GoTo Resolve – March 2022
- Create Helpdesk ticket from email
- You can now create a helpdesk ticket from an email. See How do I Create a Ticket from an Email?
- Additional Remote Execution steps
- You can create the following new automation steps in Remote Execution:
- Zero trust menu relocated
- You can now find zero trust settings by clicking your profile picture and selecting Manage zero trust. See What is Zero Trust?
GoTo Resolve – February 2022
- Freebies for free users
- As a free user, you can now use three freebies per month to access functions that are available in a mission-critical situation, such as remote controlling a device. See How do Freebies Work?
GoTo Resolve – February 2, 2022
This is the initial general release of GoTo Resolve.
Welcome to GoTo Resolve, your all-in-one IT management suite purpose-built for today's IT support challenges. For a brief overview of available features, see What is GoTo Resolve?