Restarting the GoTo Resolve application as a System Service
Use the ADMIN MODE button to restart GoTo Resolve on the end user's machine as a Windows System Service or a Mac daemon. In admin mode, you can set up unattended access or log in as another user.
You need to be in admin mode to perform the following actions:
- Set up access for a new device when the user is not present.
- Change to another user on the end user device. For example, log in as an administrator
Tip: If the end user's device is running Windows, you can send the end user's device a Ctrl-Alt-Del command. See Open the Task Manager on an End user's Device (Windows only).
- Change system settings. For example, firewall or User Account Control settings
- Install or uninstall programs in system-level directories
- Install, delete or partition drives
- Add or delete users
- Add new computers to Windows domain
- Force quit system programs
- Windows - A Windows System Service
- Mac - A daemon
Open the Task Manager on an End user's Device (Windows only)
Use the CTRL+ALT+DEL button during a remote control session to log in to the end user's computer with different credentials or to access the Task Manager.
You must be in admin mode to use the CTRL+ALT+DEL button.
- During an active Remote Control session, on the session toolbar of the Console, click ADMIN MODE.
Tip: If the ADMIN MODE button is disabled, you are already in admin mode.
- On the session toolbar click CTRL+ALT+DEL.