Learn all about device enrollment. In the end, you can access the articles considering the device management and enrollment by each platform supported by GoTo Resolve MDM.
In order to start managing your mobile devices and computers with GoTo Resolve MDM, the devices need to be connected to the service with a process that is known as enrollment. Basically, the device enrollment process means installing a client or an MDM profile on the device in order to manage it remotely.
- The management of Apple devices requires the use of the Apple Push Notification service (APNs). To access the service, an installation of a company-specific certificate is required. Please see further instructions for creating the Apple Push Certificate.
- It is recommended for iOS users to use the built-in Safari browser when enrolling their devices.
About device enrollment methods
GoTo Resolve MDM supports multiple different device enrollment methods. The enrollment method that is applicable or most suitable for your needs depends on your devices' platform, operating system version, your current GoTo Resolve MDM plan, the level of management that is needed, and also the ownership of the devices (company-owned vs. employee-owned).
From the following links you may access the landing pages of different platforms and learn more about the management and enrollment of these devices:
What happens after successful enrollment?
- Inventory information is collected from the device and sent to GoTo Resolve MDM.
- The Device item page is generated based on the inventory. The page can be accessed through list page.
- The enrollment status is set to Completed on the page.