How do I add a password to my webinar?
Organizers can password protect Standard webinars. Once password-protected, your attendees will need to enter a secret password of your choosing to join the webinar. Note that only local recording is available for password-protected webinars.
Remember that you must send the password to your participants or they won't be able to enter the webinar. For security reasons, GoTo Webinar doesn't send the password for you.
- Log in to your account at https://dashboard.gotowebinar.com.
- From the Dashboard, either schedule a new event or open an existing one.
- On the Event Details page, open the Registration section.
- Click + Password under "Password for Your Event".
Attention: If you do not see this feature, you may be customizing a Webcast or Recorded webinar. You can only add a password to Standard webinars.
- Enter the password to your webinar and click Save password. You can then show the password to confirm what you entered or copy the password to easily paste anywhere.
Note: When you invite others to the webinar, be sure to inform them of the password that you intend to set. GoTo Webinar will not automatically send it for you or remember it for you.