Share Your Screen (Windows)
You can share your screen during a session, which allows you to present a document, presentation or anything else you'd like to attendees. You can choose to share one or more of your monitors or even a single application. You can also show a clean Windows desktop to hide icons and the task bar, as well as blank out the background, so that the focus remains on the content you are presenting to your attendees.
Share your screen
- To begin speaking to the entire audience, first click Start Broadcast. Otherwise, only staff members will be able to hear you.
- In the Screen Sharing pane, use the drop-down menu to select the portion of your screen you would like to share.
- Screen of main monitor, secondary monitor or both monitors – This shares the entire screen of one or both of your monitors (if more than one is configured). Be sure to close any windows you do not want to share before proceeding.
- Clean screen checkbox or Screen of main monitor, secondary monitor or both monitors (CLEAN) – This shares your screen, but also hides your background, task bar and desktop icons. Be sure to close any windows you do not want to share before proceeding.
- Application – This shares only the specific application that you select and hides the rest of your screen.
- Rectangle (Labs) – This shares only a specific portion of your screen, which you can choose by moving a floating frame around your screen. This option is only available in the drop-down menu.
Note: Sharing with "Screen (Clean)" and "Rectangle (Labs)" are not available to Mac organizers. If you wish to share a PowerPoint presentation on a Mac, you must first put the presentation into slide show mode and then select "PowerPoint Slide Show" in the Application window. If you do not, attendees will continue to see the main PowerPoint window instead of the slide show, and they will not see your slides advance.
- Click the Play button to begin broadcasting your screen to attendees. You can change which part of your screen to share using the drop-down menu at any time.
- An "ON AIR - Showing screen" message will appear at the top of the Screen Sharing pane, and the Play button will switch to Pause .
Pause/restart screen sharing
When you pause screen sharing, the image of the screen currently being shown will freeze until you stop or restart the broadcast.
- In the Screen Sharing pane, click the Pause button .
- A "Paused" message will appear at the top of the Screen Sharing pane, and the Pause button will switch to Play . To restart screen sharing, click the Play button .
Stop sharing your screen
When you stop screen sharing, attendees will see the Hallway again and a message that the organizer's screen is not being shared.
- In the Screen Sharing pane, click the Stop Showing Screen button .